Psychosocial support workers – For night shifts and recall list
We are looking for psychosocial support workers.
11:15 p.m. to 7:30 a.m., up to four shifts per week.
Possibility of permanent positions once probation ends.
Who are we?
La rue des Femmes, a non-profit community organization, welcomes and cares for women who are living in a state of homelessness or at risk of becoming homeless. Founded in 1994, the organization provides care and services to more than 1,000 women a year in its three downtown-Montréal houses.
What does the work involve?
- Welcoming, listening to and supporting women in their process of regaining their stability, motivation and relational health.
- Ensuring the safety of the people and premises through your presence, observation and caring involvement.
- Meeting basic needs and participating in admissions to the emergency shelter.
- Providing crisis management and conflict resolution.
Performing practical tasks related to the distribution of meals.
- Assisting and supporting women in their reintegration and psychosocial care.
Who are we looking for?
The people we are looking for are humble, authentic, kind and intuitive. They are empathetic,open-minded, organized, welcoming, attentive and flexible.
What do you need to have?
- A college diploma or equivalent.
- One to three years of experience in the area of homelessness or a related field.
- Knowledge of French (required) and English (an asset).
What do we offer?
- Salary: $22/h + Night premium: $2/h.
- Ongoing and exclusive training in relational health, which is the vital capacity to be safe and connected with yourself and others.
- The opportunity to make a difference in the lives of these women.
If you are interested, please send us your CV and a letter explaining your reason for wanting to join our team to: firstname.lastname@example.orgApply