La rue des Femmes, a non-profit organization founded by Léonie Couture in 1994, is a relational health centre that welcomes and cares for women who are in a state of homelessness or at risk of becoming homeless.
- Offer therapeutic and preventive care to women who are in a state of homelessness or at risk of becoming homeless.
- Engage in research and provide training in relational health to care providers.
- Raise public awareness about the issues and challenges of homelessness.
- Promote the understanding that relational health is a critical aspect of overall health, and that it is as vitally important as one’s physical and mental well-being.
- Change people’s understanding of homelessness.
- Modify the approach to the care provided to people living in a state of homelessness.
- Become a leader in relational health care, research and training
- Offer our services to all homeless women, regardless of the severity of their situation.