An exceptional way to perpetuate your generosity
A planned gift refers to any donation that is subject to financial, tax or estate planning. It can take several forms: a life insurance donation, legacy gift, endowment fund, life annuity, etc.
Making a planned gift to La rue des Femmes means participating in an innovative project and contributing to a real and lasting solution to the problem of homelessness.
Want to know more? Contact Mélissa Pilon, Fundraising Assistant:
(514) 284-9665, Ext. 227
Provide care to women who have suffered serious wounds
It is possible to name La rue des Femmes as the beneficiary of the death benefit offered by a life insurance policy. This type of gift is an exceptional tool that enables you to plan a substantial donation, while paying only a fraction of the given amount.
You have the following options:
- Take out a new policy and immediately donate it to La rue des Femmes, which then becomes the policy owner and beneficiary.
- Give an already existing policy to La rue des Femmes which in this case also becomes the policy owner and beneficiary.
- Continue to be the policy owner, and your assigns will be its beneficiaries. All or part of the ensured capital will be paid to La rue des Femmes, as per the terms of your will.
- Remain the policy owner and appoint La rue des Femmes as beneficiary.
Bequeath essential services
nclude a clause in your will specifying that you wish to leave a benefit to La rue des Femmes when you die. It is possible to make a gift by will to La rue des Femmes.
You have the following options:
- Special bequest: A specific amount.
- Residual bequest: The full amount or what remains after the debts have been paid and the special bequests have been distributed.
- Universal bequest: All of the assets before the debts have been paid and the other bequests have been distributed.
- Securities: Make a substantial gift without drawing on your cash, or if you own shares whose value has grown considerably since they were acquired.
- Real estate: Donate your family residence to La rue des Femmes while still using it for the rest of your life. When you die, La rue des Femmes will have the use of your home.
- RRSP or RRIF: Donate a registered plan, in whole or in part, and benefit from significant tax relief.
Support healing and help to build the future for women
- Endowment fund: Through a long-term commitment, contribute to the sustainability of the organization La rue des Femmes. This donation is a capital investment of which the interest is paid into a program that you have chosen.
- The charitable trust: Make a substantial donation while continuing to receive capital income. The trust manages the entrusted capital until you die, at which time it will be transferred to La rue des Femmes. Setting up such a trust gives entitlement to a donation tax receipt that corresponds to the commuted value of the transferred assets.
- The life annuity: Make an irrevocable donation to La rue des Femmes in exchange for an annuity paid monthly or quarterly, based on your choice. In addition, you will receive a tax receipt at the time of the donation.